Monday, March 2, 2009

About this blog

This blog is a collection of things that I find inspiring in the fashion world, in the streets and shops of Amsterdam, and in life in general.

I will also try to post my own outfits when they are at all interesting, but that will be a bit harder as I currently work from home. For example, as I type this, I am still in my pajamas and it is nearly 2 pm. :) I somehow think that a white tee, yoga pants, and messy hair are not quite suitable for a fashion blog. But I occassionally escape into the Outside World, and when I do I like to make myself a bit more presentable. Then I'll post what I am wearing.

I moved to Amsterdam in 2005 to attend the Amsterdam Fashion Institute (AMFI), but like many of my classmates, dropped out before completing the first year (hence the name of this blog). Perhaps one day I will detail my decision to drop out in this blog, but it was the right decision at the time, and one that I really do regret today, as my class is graduating this year (hear that knife turning!). But c'est la vie. There are other ways to lead my life, and my interest in fashion is still going strong. This blog will be my outlet for that passion.

My other passions include animal rights (which is why you will never see me sporting leather, suede or fur), sustainability, veganism, and the arts. I also write here.

Enjoy, and feel free to leave comments or send me an email at:
a place for artists at gmail dot com (all one word)

0 comments:

Post a Comment