Thursday, March 5, 2009

Polyvore, Gimme More!

Have you see the site Polyvore?

No?!

Then get your little tush right over there pronto, missy, because it is easily one of the most inspiring collection of fashion vignettes to waste your time on! Forget facebook- forget myspace- go! Now!

Some of the more recent ones that have made me stop and drool:

_

The gray and light blue pairing really pulls me here!

TO mangoweb

Stunning. Just....stunning. This oozes love, sex, and romance, all bundled up in one hot, hot ensemble.

Secret Garden!

Ah, Spring....it will be here soon so I hear, and this would be the perfect outfit to usher in the better weather!

For: ღYasmineღ{Team Jacob/Taylor}

Although I think this outfit is a little heavy on that one blue, WHAT A BLUE IT IS. I think I would kill my neighbor for that dress. Don't tell him that, though...

And finally, Yellow. How I love thee.

Dancing in the Rain
Dancing in the Rain - by simplyirresistible on Polyvore.com

Isn't color just amazing?

Oh, and I credit Gala Darling completely for showing me the light and blogging about Polyvore recently! Thanks so much!

When I first stumbled upon Gala Darling's site, it was like I was looking at a blog ABOUT me! It was insane the parallels! Vegan? Check. Interested in Raw? Check. Loves motivational things? Check. Virgo? Check. We had even read the same book recently. (That book, by the way, that changed many things for me and has in a way altered my route in life towards a more creative direction. I highly recommend it.) The similarities were spooky.

I was reading through her blog going 'Whoooooa.' and when my husband asked what was up, I turned and said 'This girl....she's ME!'

And now I just checked her blog again and she posted about Matt & Nat- one of the best vegan bag lines ever! And if you know me, you know that I:
a) don't wear leather or suede
b) have an insane bag addiction
c) LOOOOOOOOVE matt & nat!

I'm telling you, this girl is on it. Go read her blog, bookmark it, and love it to death!

I was a little apprehensive at first about blogging about Gala Darling, because then it would seem like everything I post was copying her (and indeed, my very first post is about something that she already blogged about, meeeh), but you know what? I'm not going to sweat it. Our styles are different enough (she's a bit edgier in a Hello-Kitty-meets-a-bucket-of-neon-pink-paint-and-goes-punkish-goth kind of way while I am attracted to more classically beautiful things like pastel shades, vintage cameo pins and fallen leaves) that I think this fashion blog will take off in a different direction, and besides- she's already so well known in the blogosphere that my wee little blog is nothing to be scared of!

I'll occasionally also post about other bloggesses that inspire me too- both in fashion and other blogs- because there are so many out there! Hurray for the internets, allowing beautiful souls a chance to speak up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment